Students with an international previous who have been rejected for a Master application and have been offered a PM, they apply again in studielink for the specific pre-master's and are processed by Student Admissions. The process is INK-AO-PREMASTER-J
- Open the informing filter in Osiris. See https://trello.com/c/sAeJkp2J/26-filters . Run the filter AO informeren student toelatingbesluit - niet selectief AO (facultair)
- Go to View>Sort>Extensive, and sort the list by Section/Rubriek> Process
- Filter by process INK-AO-PREMASTER-J
- Divide the tasks with your colleagues
- Download and open the excel informing template https://trello.com/c/itKKSTFR/442-instructions-admissions-ink-ao
- Open an application from the list by clicking on the round black circle
2. Go to Studentgegevens>Personalia
Check the field: Nationaliteit/Nationality and write in the excel if the student is EU or non-EU in the MVV column
UK is considered non-EU
3. Go to
OSIRIS application > Application
OSIRIS aanmelding > Aanmelding
Please check the following:
A)There should be one Master's application with decision: Afgewezen/Rejected and all admission requirements for the pre-Masters, ECTS and premaster programme should be filled in, see below
Copy the admission requirements in the excel, the admission requirements should be filled in under Checklist: Besluit toelating door Toelatingscommissie
B)And one pre-master's application empty
Checklist: Behandeling door Student Admissions should be (Voorwaardelijk)toegelaten tot pre-Master's
Checklist: Informeren student door Student Admissions
If a student has been rejected for several Master's with offer to different PM specialisations, we need to ask the student's preference. That is because while Master's have different croho codes, some pre-Master's have only one code in studielink.
For example: student received an offer for different pm specialisations in Economics (IED, IB, FE). In studielink there is only one croho and programme name: pre-Master's in economics.
In this case, please do the following:
1)Make an internal note in the PM application "waiting on reply for PM specialisation".
2)Click on the icon of the envelope and select the template/sjabloon shown in the photo below
LEEG_MAIL_SID - Lege mededeling (email) voor Admission Office
3)Please write the following in the template:
/You have applied for the pre-Master's in....We can see you have received offers for specialisation.... and .... You are kindly requested to indicate your preference between these specialisations in reply to this email. After we have received your reply, we will process your pre-Master's application/
The answer of the student will be received in topdesk, one of the employees will add the specialisation to the internal notes of the PM application and after you can send the admission email.
Pre-masters are already called during the Rejection to be informed about their premaster offer. You do not need to call the students twice
The only thing you need to do is to take over the answer on Deelname belcampagne gewenst? on the Master application and add the same answer to the pre-Masters application
If you have checked all the admission requirements and they have all been verified (please note accepted certificates does not mean verified)
Go to Vrije velden click on Toevoegen vrije velden and add the field Opmerking SA. In this field please write: all requirements have been met/verified
To keep the four eyes principle, you cannot email a student if you have added the requirements. Therefore, please first check that you have not filled in vrije velden (additional information) for the student you are emailing. To do this, right click in the Admission requirements field in Osiris and click on Toon audit informatie van het vrije veld, you will then be able to see who has filled in the requirements.
Please also make sure to use the Excel informing template: https://trello.com/c/IYLT5X5v/1-instructions-admissions
If a all the requirements have been verified, you should see the below remark in vrije velde. Please double check all the requirements have been verified again.
b)Dutch language requirements
In SA Opmerking you will may see as well the Dutch language requirements. These need to be added in the email too + any requirement in Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking. For example
- Study the dossier: check nationality, requirements (filled in by Exam Board) and programme name, etc
Double check the requirements fill in previously by your colleagues, these include:
Language requirements and/or verified certificates
- Check saved English certificates in the following wrkgroup folder: wrkgrp\RAOAdmissionsServices\1. Admissions Office\Printing documents\English certificates working from home
- This is to ensure the English certificate has been previously saved by your colleague –if a certificate has not been saved, please verify and save the certificate
- Internal notes
- February start? Make a note of this in your excel.
- MVV field (if applicable, for non-EU/EEA)
- Check prior education (vooropleiding). Has it been correctly edited/verified?
- EU: 15 January for February start & 15 August for September start
- Non-EU: 1 December for February start & 1 of June for September start – however there is one exception for when the MVV is Groen licht diploma niet behaald. See explanation below.
- Aantal ECTS of the pre-masters
- URL of the pre-masters if applicable
Please make sure point 7 and 8 are filled in
Check and gather all the information as expressed above. Once this is done and you have prepared all the information in your Excel sheet, you are ready to email the student!
To email the student, click on the top right envelope icon.
Now, select the AO-MA-ADMISSION - ADMISSION template from the list of templates. If you have used it once, it will appear at the top as recently used template. If you are using the template for the first time, you will have to scroll down the list below E-MAIL until you find the correct template. This template it is used for Master's too.
Once you have selected the correct template, click on Volgende/Next, which will open the email so that you can edit the template according to the instructions in the next section
There are several parts in the template that have to be edited. While doing so, please also consult the information that you noted in your Excel. The parts that have to be edited are:
1. Date: Add the date on which you are sending the email in the following format: dd/mm/year, so for example 25 December 2021
2. Edit the <opleidingnaam>: Add premaster name given by the faculty
Economics, specialisation Corporate Finance and Control
3. Study programme name: write Pre-master's in + name given by the faculty in the requirements
Example: Pre-Master's in Environment and Society
Pre-Master's in Corporate Finance and Control.
4. Programme start date: leave either February or September
5. Academic year:
For February start is still 2021-2022
For September start is 2022-2023
6. Number of ECTS: please add the number of EC mentioned by the faculty on Aantal ECTS
7.Where it indicates “Enrolment deadline” leave the correct deadline
If a student is unconditionally admitted, remove the word 'conditionally' from the first sentence and remove the second sentence completely.
1. Annotate the requirements that are written in Vrije Velden/Additional requirements, which you have also noted in your Excel file.
2. There are some additional notes under the admissions requirements: you can remove these if they are not applicable. If one of them is applicable, please leave the text.
3. Add the same deadline of enrolment as you did in part 1.
4. Add the information for pre-Master's. That is URL, exemptions or courses mentioned by the Exam Board
If a student is unconditionally admitted, make the following changes:
- Edit the sum up
- Remove the first step (1. Verify certified copies of your documents)
- Change the numbering of the second and third step
- Add the following sentence below the sum up: You have met the enrolment requirements. This means that you do not have to send us any documents. (Dutch: Je voldoet aan de toelatingseisen. Dit betekent dat je ons geen documenten meer hoeft te sturen.)
- Remove the first subtitle (1. Verify certified copies of your documents) and the text below
- If a sentence regarding English or Dutch language requirements applies, keep it right below the sum up. Make sure to remove the sentence regarding the diploma that has to be verified, as this has already been done.
- Keep the text regarding the Pre-Master's programme content
- Change the numbering in the other subtitles according to the numbers used in the sum up.
5.The only thing you need to edit from the last part of the email is the information about the introduction week either February or September depending on the start date of the programme
You do not need to delete the Visa information because the paragraph above already says "if applicable"
1. After you have checked the email, all the data and spelling/syntax, you can send the email by clicking on Versturen/Send.
Did you make a mistake while sending an admission decision (for example, you named the wrong start date, or you forgot something)? Check the instructions here for information on what to do:
2. Copy the Opleiding code of the programme you just sent an email for. You can find the Opleiding code in the application line next to the start and end date.
3. On the left-hand side menu go to Degree programme > Admission decision or Opleiding > Toelatingsbeschikkingen
4. Click on the top green button with a + symbol (see photo below). A line for the admission decision will appear
5. Paste the Opeliding code. Please note that Osiris is spaces sensitive, so there should not be any spaces before or after the code. Press the Tab on your keyboard.
6. Click ‘OK’
7. In the drop down menu Approved? or Akkoord? select:
- “Conditionally” or “Voorwaardelijk” if the student is conditionally admitted and still has to meet requirements, such as sending their diploma
- "Yes" or "Ja" if the student is unconditionally admitted (meaning that they have met all the admission requirements already)
8. Fill in the box below as follows/copy paste the following information:
- Verstrekt door faculteit: the first letters form the Degree programme or Opleiding, for example: NWI (press Tab on your keyboard)
- Verstrekt door onderdeel: RU (press Tab on your keyboard)
- Afgiftedatum: write t and press the Tab button of your keyboard or write the date of the email you sent in European format, for 1 March 2022 you write: 01-03-2022 (day-month-year)
- Start date degree programme/Aanvangsdatum opleiding: write 01-02-2022 OR 01-09-2022
- Enrolment possible from/Inschrijvingen mogelijk vanaf: leave empty (it will be automatically fill in if the admission is unconditional)
- Valid till/Geldig tot: 31-08-2023
- Herkomst student: BUIT
9. Click on Save.
10. Go to OSIRIS Application > Application or OSIRIS Aanmelding > Aanmelding
11. Go to the application line and under “Decision” or “Besluit” and select:
- “Conditionally Admitted/Voorwaardelijk Toegelaten” if the student is conditionally admitted and still has to meet requirements, such as sending their diploma
- "Admitted" or "Toegelaten" if the student is unconditionally admitted (meaning that they have met all the admission requirements already)
12. Scroll down to Checklist: Informeren student door Admission Office and in “Status” select “Email sent” or “Email verstuurd”
13. Save the changes
After you have sent the email and added the admission decision, there are a few more steps to take to ensure all settings are correct. One of those steps is to edit the menu inschrijving/enrolment. To do so, in the left side menu go to
Inschrijvingen Croho > Inschrijving
Enrolment Croho > Enrolment
1. In the field “toelatinggevende vooropleiding” search with the magnifying glass and select the diploma based on which the student has been admitted, and save the changes.
2. In the field hogerejaarverzoek geacepteerd select JA
Please note the pre-master name shown says B + name but you can see in the opleiding code it refers to a pre-master.
STEP 2 is crucial because if the answer is not selected it will appear as stoplight and the student will not be able to enroll until this step is completed. We select JA because a pre-Master's is not a diploma and courses and the students take Bachelor's courses of higher years.
After you have sent the email and added the admission decision, there are a few more steps to take to ensure all settings are correct. One of those steps is to edit the menu instellingstatussen/workflows. To do so, go in the left hand menu to:
Inschrijvingen Croho > Instellingstatussen
Enrolment Croho > Workflows
3. Change the status of the workflows to:
- VOORWAARDELIJK if the admission is conditional
- SUFFICIENT if the admission is unconditional
Once you have selected the correct status, save your changes.
If the admission decision has the 'Gewijzigde voorwaarden' field filled in, please consult these instructions.