Below is a collection of the most frequently asked questions about OSIRIS Docent.
Where can I get help with working with OSIRIS?
Please contact the local functional administrator Maarten Stam, or the key user for Arts, Wies de Beijer, room E7.27, tel. 16225, email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to give you an instruction on the use of OSIRIS.
I don't have access to OSIRIS-Teacher & Advisor, what now?
- If you receive the message "You are not connected to a faculty. Please contact the administration", you are most likely a new lecturer at the Faculty of Arts.
- Ask your departmental secretary to forward an authorisation request by email to the functional administrator (LFB) of OSIRIS for the Faculty of Arts via the mail address: email@example.com.
- The functional administrator (LFB) of OSIRIS will then authorise you.
Why can't I see my course?
- It is possible that you are not listed in OSIRIS as the lecturer of this course.
- Contact the Education Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) that manages this course and ask them to add you as a teacher.
- It is also possible that you need to adjust the selection filter on the left side of the screen.
How do I enter thesis grades?
- Teachers are supposed to enter thesis grades themselves.
- You select the course and test in question on the 'Result' tab.
- You then enter the student list where you can enter the results.
- If you click on 'Show details', the 'Subject' screen becomes visible below the result.
- You can enter the thesis title here (both in the Dutch and English fields).
- Then click on 'save'.
How do I enter internship grades?
- As of 1st November 2021, the working method for entering/evaluating internship grades has changed.
You can find the work instructions here: https://osiris.tutorials.ru.nl/m/LETTEREN/l/1462059-internship-grading-an-internship-within-osiris-case-osiris-zaak
What is meant by "sign manually" and "sign electronically"?
- In the case of manual signing, the intention is that you hand in the signed grade list with the verification number in PDF format to the Education Administration/STIP.
- This action ensures that the application sends the entered results to the result processing module of the education administration (status "sent").
- As soon as the Education Administration has processed these results (status "final" and "determined"), the student sees the result.
- Using the Tiqr-app (or Yubikey), you can establish the results immediately. They are then directly visible to the student. The functional administrator (LFB) of OSIRIS can authorize you to sign electronically.
What should I do with 'blank' results?
- The CvB has determined that students who are registered as test-takers but did not take part in your examinations must be given an ND (not participated) as a result.
- This ensures that students in OSIRIS-student in the list of resits automatically see a second opportunity to register for the test.
Which ALFA-NUMERIC results can I enter?
- For each test, there is a "result scale" indicating which results can be entered by you.
- You can consult this result scale by clicking on the magnifying glass icon behind the result to be entered.
- Test results alphanumeric: NVD (non-compliant), ONV (unsatisfactory), F (fraudulent), V (satisfactory), VLD (passed), ND (failed)
- Pass-fail: NVD (not met), V (met), F (fraud), ND (not participated)
Result 'Fraud' will only be entered by Examination Board support staff.
Which NUMERIC results can I enter?
- For each test, a "result scale" has been set up, indicating which results can be entered by you
- Test results: 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 etc. up to and including 10.
- At test level (partial grades), decimals (1 decimal place) may be used.
- OSIRIS calculates the final grade as soon as all tests have been scored.
- OSIRIS takes into account the weighting and minimum grade requirement per test (what is the minimum grade that does not need to be retaken and can therefore count towards the final grade).
- The final grade is rounded up according to the calculation rules issued by the CvB. Final grades of final examinations are expressed in whole or half points, whereby 6.0 is the lowest pass mark. The following rounding-off rules apply (OER, article 4.2):
Up to .,25 the grade is rounded down to .,0
From .,25 up to .,75 will be rounded up to .,5 (exception: a score of 5.5 or higher will be rounded up to 6.0)
From .,75 onwards the grade is rounded up to .,0
- The final grade is called in OSIRIS: 'valid result' = the result for which a student receives credits.
Can I enter a test date/result without having to type it in every time?
- In the field 'Make selection', you can select all students for whom you want to enter a result. If you enter the test date there, OSIRIS will fill in this test date for all selected students.
- In this way, a certain result can also be copied. You can then, for example, enter a 'V' under 'Result' and then all selected students will get a V.
I am too late to enter my results. What should I do now?
- The OER uses a review period of 15 working days. In period four, a review period of 5 working days applies for propaedeutic courses in connection with the Binding Study Report.
- You will be able to access the test in Osiris Docent up to 40 days after the examination date.
- If you wish to enter results after these 40 days, please contact the Education Administration or OSIRIS administration. They can then 'release' the test so you can still fill in results if necessary.
Can I change results?
- You can enter and save results. You can make changes in saved results.
- Once the results have been 'sent', you can enter a 'correction result' (change the number) for another 15 working days. After that, you can only make changes through the education administration.
Can I still change the test organisation of my course?
- After the publication of the study guide and OER, it is no longer possible to change the testing.
Only in very urgent cases can you submit a request for a change in the testing facilities to the Faculty Examination Board. This is only possible before the first testing moment of the course takes place.
What should I do if I want to assign a higher grade to a student after inspection?
- For a mark that has already been sent to the Education Administration, the teacher can enter a 'correction result' up to 15 working days after. After that, a grade can only be changed by the Education Administration.
- You need to send the new grade to the Education Administration (email@example.com).
Can I add students?
This is no longer possible as of 1st September 2019. Students must register for the test at least 5 working days before the test date. If a student has not done this, he or she cannot participate in the examination. This rule applies to:
1. re-examinations for which a room and an invigilator must be booked at normal times;
2. re-examinations mentioned under point 1 have been converted in this special corona time to an examination via Brightspace. The STIP has to supply the participating group of students for inclusion in Brightspace.
For other types of tests, such as a portfolio, essay, workpiece or take-home exam with a submission deadline, students must register for the resit, but there is no registration deadline of 5 working days. The student has to register for such a test him/herself because this is necessary in order for the lecturer to enter a mark in Osiris. Students are explicitly reminded of this. If a student forgets to register for a different form of examination than the one used for the form of examination other than re-examinations points 1 and 2 above, he/she can report this to the STIP desk. The STIP-desk staff member will then enrol the student.
Who are the "individual students"?
- In the result entry screen, it is possible to select your "Working group". You then enter the value GRP in the "Work form" selection filter and the number of your workgroup in the "Workgroup" filter. Then click on "Search".
- The workgroup number corresponds to your group in Brightspace. If you are unsure, your Education Administration can tell you which group is yours.
How do I deal with exemptions for tests and/or courses?
- Exemptions are always formally granted and introduced by the Examination Board. As a rule, the committee does this after having obtained advice from the relevant study programme.
Can I see the final grades of my students?
You can run different reports about your course.
- Click next to your course (on the first screen, not in the result entry screen) on the black balls. Here you can choose for different reports, among which the report "Print final grades per course". You will then see the final grades.
Can I make an excel list of the results?
- Select students.
- Click on the "Actions" button in the result entry screen. Here you can choose the option "Create file".
Can I create an attendance list?
- Click on the 'Actions' button in the result entry screen. You can choose the option "Student actions".
Then you can choose:
- Send email
- Passport photo list
- Attendance list
My name is not listed correctly in OSIRIS, how can I change it?
- You can only correct or adjust your name entry in IDM.
- You log in to your personal IDM administration page via the following link: https://idm.ru.nl/
Where can I go with questions?
- For questions about exam dates, test items, the weighting of test items, missing students, group assignments, etc., please contact the employee of the Education Administration (firstname.lastname@example.org) who is in charge of the course.
- For questions about the operation of OSIRIS Docent, logging in, problems with entering data, etc., please contact: Maarten Stam, local functional administrator OSIRIS or Wies de Beijer, key user, room E7.27, tel. 16225, email: email@example.com.
- Link to general work instructions Osiris-Docent: https://teacher.tutorials.ru.nl/