Students with an international previous education are processed by Student Admissions through the INK-AO process. Their previous education is evaluated and to be admitted their previous education should be equivalent to a VWO diploma.
VWO diplomas from Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire (etc) are considered international previous education because the results are not centralised or are available in DUO. Therefore these diplomas are also processed through the INK-AO proces. Same case for VWO from Suriname, Sint Maarten, etc but in this case because is another country (not within the Kingdom of the Netherlands)
- Open the filters in Osiris. Run the filter AO informeren student toelatingbesluit niet selectief AO (facultair)
- Go to View>Sort>Extensive, and sort the list by Section/Rubriek> Process> Name of degree program
- Divide the tasks with your colleagues
- Sort by NF programmes and for regular bachelor's between EU and non EU
Please note you need to call all regular Bachelor applications INK-AO-BACHELOR-EU & INK-AO-BACHELOR-NEU. On ther other hand, applicants for NF programme do not need to be called (INK-AO-BACHELOR-NF) because they go first through the selection and placement procedure, therefore they are not directly admitted.
5. Download and open the excel informing template https://trello.com/c/itKKSTFR/442-instructions-admissions-ink-ao
- Open an application from the list by clicking on the round black circle
2. Go to Studentgegevens>Personalia
Check the field: Nationaliteit/Nationality and write in the excel if the student is EU or non-EU in the MVV column
UK is considered non-EU
3. Go to OSIRIS application > Application (Dutch) OSIRIS aanmelding > Aanmelding
There are several checklists depending on the programme:
a) Checklist: Besluit toelaatbaarheid should be
(Voorwaardelijk) toegelaten OR (Voorwaardelijk) toegelaten, SCC positief
b) Checklist Informeren door Student Admissions should be
"To inform/Informeren "
c)Checklist Study Compatibility Check door opleiding should be
Positief (door Osiris) OR
Positief (na evaluatie)
See examples below
4. Include in the excel any information you see in the application. It is important to note that the results of Checklist: Study Compatibility Check door opleiding will determine the text you select or remove from the email.
5. Add to the excel column S&P programme YES if the student has applied to and S&P programme, for a list of S&P programmes, see https://www.ru.nl/english/education/bachelors-programmes/international-bachelors-students/admission-and-enrolment/selection-and-placement/
6. Copy the admission requirements in the excel, the admission requirements should be filled in under Checklist: Besluit toelaatbaarheid
See example below
If one of the admission requirements is not provided or not clear (for example by requesting a diploma that the student did not obtain, or by not specifying whether or not there is an English language certificate needed), you can return it to the faculty for clarification. See 10. Informeren student over toelatingsbesluit door Student Admissions for more information on the procedure.
Please check for the following requirements:
Please note how you annotate the requirements is important because these will be taken over in the admission email.
When the student has applied for different programmes, make sure to write the degree programme code before the requirements, for example: Example: NWI-B-BIO.
Additionally: add an asterisk (*) before every requirement and a dash (-) before every requirement within the requirement (grades within a diploma or specific courses).
Please annotate as:
Name diploma, name of the school, graduation year
Zeugnis der algemeinen Hochschulreife, Andrea Vesalius Gymnasium, 2020
If the student is yet to graduate we annotate the year as 2022
Check Diploma middelbare school behaald? in the Osiris Application (see second image)
If the student has already graduated, please check the diploma in the application documents and write the year of graduation.
For example: 2018.
Add to diploma requirements to excel
Are there any grade requirements within the diploma, please see Overige Voorwaarden on how to add these requirements to the excel. You will need one line for the diploma + one line for the transcript requirement with all sub-requirements
Sometimes students have a combination of diplomas which makes their previous education equivalent to a VWO.
For example: GCSE’S + GCE A-level’s. For a list of combinations and how to phrase them, please see
If the student graduated from Curacao, Bonaire, Aruba or Suriname, please request the VWO cijferlijst too. For example:
VWO diploma, Colegio Arubano, 2022
Cijferlist VWO, Colegio Arubano, 2022
Look up the Bachelor’s programme the student applied to and copy the requirements of the corresponding Bachelor’s and add to excel
-If the student has graduated, please write in your excel
-If the student is yet to graduate, please annotate in your excel:
Exempted based on previous education if diploma is obtained
-If the student is yet to graduate and there is a grade requirement for English, please annotate in your excel:
Exempted for English if diploma is obtained with required grades
This means the certificate has been accepted but we need to verify and download the certificate. See the internal notes for information if the certificate has been verified.
Please re-verify the certificate and save the document with the student number and name of the student.
Student Admissions> Admissions Office> Printing Documents> (month + day)
Add to excel
Please see the instructions on how to verify a certificate here https://trello.com/c/jrF1HhtV/8-verifying-english-certificates for instructions
*** This option means English certificate requirements are met and should NOT be entered into
Vrije velden>Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking
For enrolment rules the CSA specifies which certificates are accepted, please find more information about this here https://trello.com/c/6qLIDfZ5/4-inchrijving-regeling-dutch-language-certificates-and-exemptions
Please note any requirement or exemption mentioned in Nederlands taaleis will be added in SA Opmerking instead of Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking. The reason for this is that CSA sees this as an enrolment requirement (legally) instead of admission requirement. Additionally, OSIRIS has a stop light for this field in Inscrhijvingen in the field of Taaltoets See example below:
Please add to the excel, the information that appears here over a new certificate https://trello.com/c/qeeLZq17/39-dutch-language-requirement-nt2-afspraak-met-destudentdecaan-app-studentdean
This means the student WILL need to do an interview, the student is not yet exempted
Please add to the excel, the information that appears here over exemptions based on an interview with a dean https://trello.com/c/qeeLZq17/39-dutch-language-requirement-nt2-afspraak-met-destudentdecaan-app-studentdean
For accepted Dutch language certificates, please see https://trello.com/c/6qLIDfZ5/4-dutchlanguage-certificates
- Check the accepted certificate
- Please check in the documents of the application the Dutch language certificate.
- Please write in the excel: name of certificate, date obtained.
- For example:
- NT2 programma II, June 2019
- CvNT Educatief Professionel CA, May 2020
- For example:
**NT2 can be obtained per parts (onderdeel), if this would be the case you will need to mention which certificates has been accepted and additionally cite the missing parts in the requirements.
- NT2 programma II (luisteren, lezen), June 2019
- a NT2 certificate (schrijven & spreken) (add the same phrasing that appears https://trello.com/c/qeeLZq17/39-dutch-language-requirement-nt2-afspraak-met-destudentdecaan-app-studentdean )
Add the requirements to your excel
Please note in some cases the student is required a certain grade in order to be exempted for the Mathematics certificate, this will appear in Overige voorwaarden.
Nieuwe certificaat nodig
The student needs to provide a Mathematics certificate
Please add to your excel the information according to the website for the specific programme https://www.ru.nl/english/education/study-radboud/vm/mathematics-requirements/
Huidige certificaat geacepteerd
The student has already take a Mathematics certificate, however we still need to verify the certificate.
Please check the documents uploaded by the student and write the type of certificate, grade and date:
Boswell Beta Wiskunde A, grade 6.5, d.d. October 2021
Add to your excel
This means there is no additional Mathematics certificate required
Please add any extra requirements to excel if applicable
These can be grade requirements, profile of high school + any other certificate required.
International Business Communication (IBC) German or French requirements? Please see https://trello.com/c/qWme1qEQ/170-ink-ao-ibc-international-business-communication-french-or-german-track-requirements
If there are any grade requirements in Osiris we need to request the transcript of records additionally to the diploma, that is diploma will be one requirement and transcript another one. See example
In this case we will add to the excel after the line of the diploma:
*Transcript of records, Svjedodzba o (drzavnoj) maturi:
- from a Gymnazijum
- with at least 5 subjects in the Matura
- All grades (including those for the Matura) should be at least 4 out of 5
- Required Matura subjects: Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (A-level).
Please check the internal notes/interne aantekeningen of the application in case there are any other requirements to be taking into account.
Copy the name of the diploma from the excel.
Go to Opleiding> Vooropleiding (NL) Degree programme>prior education (ENG)
1. Edit Extension name: you can paste the name of the diploma (name diploma, school name, year)
To add an additional diploma to prior education
Please click the green + sign and use one of the 801 codes: 801-2, 801-3, etc
2. Final examination date
If the student has already graduated (dd-mm-yy) should be there and the status of Behaald/Graduationshould be "Yes/Ja".
If the student is yet to graduate, the field should be empty
3. First prior education:
Should be "Yes/Ja" for the diploma from Diploma toelating
If there are multiple diplomas based on which the student is admitted, they all need to be filled in here and the last one (to be) obtained needs to be the 'first prior education'
If a diploma has been verified, you do not need to edit it. See last photo for example
International diplomas that has been verified OSIRIS cannot be edited and looks like in the photo below:
Please note if the diploma has been verified you do not need to add it in vrije velden or the email.
1.Go to Student Information> Additional Information (ENG) Studentgegevens> Vrije velden (NL)
2. Click on Toevoegen vrije velden/Add additional information
Select and add Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking
Select and add Aanvraag MVV if the student is non-EU
*Select and add SA Opmerking if there are Dutch language requirements or if all the requirements have been verified and the admission is unconditional
Copying from the excel to Osiris.
- Add the diploma requirements, any other additional information and required certificates (including English certificates, Mathematics or other).
- If a student is exempted from English based on previous education but still needs to graduate you add the sentence of exemption in this field too as:
'Exempted for English if diploma is obtained' OR
'Exempted for English if diploma is obtained with required grade"
A) Already verified certificates should appear as in the above picture. Please note you should have saved the certificate in the folder.
B) Insufficient Score: If the student has an insufficient certificate that has already been verified, please make a note that the certificate has been accepted by the Exam Board + Degree programme as shown below in example 1. Please note you should have saved the certificate in the folder.
C) Exemptions: If the student has been exempted, please add the fields highlighted below in example 2. You can select one of the options in example 3:
NOTE: Exempted based on previous education is only added in Additional Information if the student already graduated
Deadlines for EU/EEA students are:
- 31 July for Numerus Fixus (S&P) programmes
- 15 August regular programmes.
For a complete list of EU/EEA countries, please see https://trello.com/c/jnQii1EG/176-eu-eea-countries-list
Non-EU students need to have an MVV field. This is crucial for the visa procedure and the enrolment deadline. After you have added the field, you need to select one of the four options as shown in the image above
See https://trello.com/c/R8bilHnn/247-mvv-field for an explanation of the different MVV options.
Student Information> Personal Information (ENG)
Studentgegevens> Vrije velden (NL)
1. Check the time difference and use the phone in this field to call the student. If the phone is not in this field you can find the phone here:
Student Information> Address
2. Open the calling instructions and call the student https://trello.com/c/pLY9a6xg/6-callinginstructions
Please note you do NOT need to call NF applicants
3. Go to
OSIRIS application > Application
OSIRIS aanmelding > Aanmelding
Scroll down to Checklist: Informeren student door Admission Office and register the call here.
- Write in Eerste belpoging date and time of the call
- In Eerste belpoging geslaagd select Yes/Ja
- If there are any comments from the student as request to call on a later time or that they can be call on specific times/months for the calling campaign, write these comments on Opmerkingen bellen student. Please write the comments in English
- During the call, do not forget to ask about the calling campaign Deelname belcampagne gewenst? and select the preference of the student
- Save the changes on the top right side Save button
- Write in Eerste belpoging date and time of the call
- In Eerste belpoging geslaagd select No/Nee
- In Deelname belcampagne gewenst? select Onbekend
- Save the changes on the top right side Save button
If you have checked all the admission requirements and they have all been verified (please note accepted certificates does not mean verified)
Go to Vrije velden click on Toevoegen vrije velden and add the field Opmerking SA. In this field please write: all requirements have been met/verified
To keep the four eyes principle, you cannot email a student if you have added the requirements. Therefore, please first check that you have not filled in vrije velden (additional information) for the student you are emailing. To do this, right click in the Admission requirements field in Osiris and click on Toon audit informatie van het vrije veld, you will then be able to see who has filled in the requirements.
Please also make sure to use the Excel informing template: https://trello.com/c/IYLT5X5v/1-instructions-admissions
If a all the requirements have been verified, you should see the below remark in vrije velde. Please double check all the requirements have been verified again.
Dutch language requirements
In SA Opmerking you will may see as well the Dutch language requirements. These need to be added in the email too + any requirement in Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking. For example
2)IBC French or German requirements:
International Business Communication (IBC) with French or German requirements? please see https://trello.com/c/qWme1qEQ/170-ink-ao-ibc-international-business-communication-french-or-german-track-requirements
- Study the dossier: check the nationality (EU/EEA), requirements (filled in by the faculty) and programme name, etc. See also 2. Filling in admission requirements/ Vrije velden for a list of what to check
Double check the requirements filled in previously by your colleagues, these include:
Language requirements and/or verified certificates
- Check saved English certificates in the following workgroup folder: wrkgrp\RAOAdmissionsServices\1. Admissions Office\Printing documents\English certificates working from home
- This is to ensure the English certificate has been previously saved by your colleague. If a certificate has not been saved, please verify and save the certificate
- Internal notes, both in the application and in the student dossier, see also https://trello.com/c/MuKoDZ1F/81-internal-notes
- Selection & Placement programme? Make a note of this in your excel. See https://trello.com/c/yN53wArX/64-selection-and-placement-programmes for an overview of S&P courses.
- MVV field (if applicable, for non-EU/EEA)
- Check prior education (vooropleiding). Has it been correctly edited, and/or has it already been verified?
- EU: 31 July for Numerus Fixus & 15 August for regular Bachelor’s
- Non-EU: for most students it is 1 June however there is one exception for when the MVV is Groen licht diploma niet behaald. See for explanation examples https://trello.com/c/R8bilHnn/247-mvv-field
- Checklists: there should be a decision (voorwaardelijk) toegelaten and the status should be Informeren/To inform
Check and gather all the information as expressed above. Once this is done and you have prepared all the information in your Excel sheet, you are ready to email the student!
For non NF Bachelor programmes, remember to double check the SCC and add it to your excel.
To email the student, click on the top right envelope icon.
Now, select the AO-BA-ADMISSION - ADMISSION template from the list of templates. If you have used it once, it will appear at the top as recently used template. If you are using the template for the first time, you will have to scroll down the list below E-MAIL until you find the correct template.
Once you have selected the correct template, click on Volgende/Next, which will open the email so that you can edit the template according to the instructions in the next section
There are several parts in the template that have to be edited. While doing so, please also consult the information that you noted in your Excel. The parts that have to be edited are:
- Date: Add the date on which you are sending the email in the following format: dd/mm/year, so for example 25 December 2021
- Please select the correct paragraph (alinea). The first one is for regular Bachelor’s (number 2), the second one (number 3) for S&P. Edit the <opleidingnaam> and add the name of the programme.
- Where it indicates “degree” write the bachelor name Examples:
- Bachelor Economics
- Bachelor Philosophy
- Bachelor North American Studies
- Bachelor Law
4. Where it indicates “Enrolment deadline” leave the correct deadline
5. Selection and placement paragraph - please leave only in case of Selection and Placement Bachelor's
See https://trello.com/c/XGa3EDsb/24-enrolment-deadlines for an overview of enrolment deadlines. When in doubt, ask a colleague or coordinator for help. This part is crucial and especially important for MVV applicants to make sure that their residence permit process will not have any issues or delays due to the wrong deadline being listed.
1. Annotate the requirements that are written in Vrije Velden/Additional requirements, which you have also noted in your Excel file.
2. There are some additional notes under the admissions requirements: you can remove these if they are not applicable. If one of them is applicable, please leave the text.
3. Add the same deadline of enrolment as you did in part 1.
4. Select/remove the correct paragraph according to the SCC.
NF programmes do not have SCC so you can delete the whole text when the application is for NF programme. Additionally, some Bachelor programmes do not have SCC so it won't be mentioned in the checklists.
You can leave the first paragraph when the information was as below:
Checklist Study Compatibility Check door opleiding should be
Positief (door Osiris) OR
Positief (na evaluatie)
If the Checklist Study Compatibility Check door opleiding mentions the student has been invited for a follow-up activity and there is not a final evaluation yet, please leave the second paragraph.
5.The last part of the email does not have to be edited, as this is information that applies to all students.
You do not need to delete the Visa information because the paragraph above already says "if applicable"
1. After you have checked the email, all the data and spelling/syntax, you can send the email by clicking on Versturen/Send.
Did you make a mistake while sending an admission decision (for example, you named the wrong start date, or you forgot something)? Check the instructions here for information on what to do:
2. Copy the Opleiding code of the programme you just sent an email for. You can find the Opleiding code in the application line next to the start and end date.
3. On the left-hand side menu go to Degree programme > Admission decision or Opleiding > Toelatingsbeschikkingen
4. Click on the top green button with a + symbol (see photo below). A line for the admission decision will appear
5. Paste the Opeliding code. Please note that Osiris is spaces sensitive, so there should not be any spaces before or after the code. Press the Tab on your keyboard.
6. Sometimes several options for degree programmes will appear, in this case you need to select the programme with the same Croho code and Name Degree Programme that appears in the application. See example below:
7. Click ‘OK’
8. In the drop down menu Approved? or Akkoord? select:
- “Conditionally” or “Voorwaardelijk” if the student is conditionally admitted and still has to meet requirements, such as sending their diploma
- "Yes" or "Ja" if the student is unconditionally admitted (meaning that they have met all the admission requirements already)
9. Fill in the box below as follows/copy paste the following information:
- Verstrekt door faculteit: the first letters form the Degree programme or Opleiding, for example: NWI (press Tab on your keyboard)
- Verstrekt door onderdeel: RU (press Tab on your keyboard)
- Afgiftedatum: write t and press the Tab button of your keyboard or write the date of the email you sent in European format, for 1 March 2022 you write: 01-03-2022 (day-month-year)
- Start date degree programme/Aanvangsdatum opleiding: write 01-09-2022
- Enrolment possible from/Inschrijvingen mogelijk vanaf: leave empty (it will be automatically fill in if the admission is unconditional)
- Valid till/Geldig tot: 31-08-2023
- Herkomst student: BUIT
8. Click on Save.
9. Go to OSIRIS Application > Application or OSIRIS Aanmelding > Aanmelding
10. Go to the application line and under “Decision” or “Besluit” and select:
- “Conditionally Admitted/Voorwaardelijk Toegelaten” if the student is conditionally admitted and still has to meet requirements, such as sending their diploma
- "Admitted" or "Toegelaten" if the student is unconditionally admitted (meaning that they have met all the admission requirements already)
11. Scroll down to Checklist: Informeren student door Admission Office and in “Status” select “Email sent” or “Email verstuurd”
12. Save the changes
After you have sent the email and added the admission decision, there are a few more steps to take to ensure all settings are correct. One of those steps is to edit the menu inschrijving/enrolment. To do so, in the left side menu go to
Inschrijvingen Croho > Inschrijving
Enrolment Croho > Enrolment
1. In the field “toelatinggevende vooropleiding” search with the magnifying glass and select the diploma based on which the student has been admitted, and save the changes.
2. For NF -Selection and Placement students, you also have to change the status of the field Status vooropleiding into Voorlopig niet deficient instelling. If the diploma has been verified already, the field should automatically change into “sufficient”
After you have sent the email and added the admission decision, there are a few more steps to take to ensure all settings are correct. One of those steps is to edit the menu instellingstatussen/workflows. To do so, go in the left hand menu to:
Inschrijvingen Croho > Instellingstatussen
Enrolment Croho > Workflows
Check that the status has changed automatically. If it does not change you forgot to add the admission decision or you need to wait one minute and refresh the page.
- VOORWAARDELIJK if the admission is conditional
- SUFFICIENT if the admission is unconditional
For Selection and Placement students, change the status of the workflows to:
- NF-VOORWAARDELIJK if there are admission requirements in vrije velden
- NF-SUFFICIENT if the admission is unconditional
You need to change the status manually!
If the admission decision has the 'Gewijzigde voorwaarden' field filled in, please consult these instructions.