10.5 INK-AO Master's
Students with an international previous education are processed by Student Admissions through the INK-AO process. Their previous education is evaluated and to be admitted their previous education should be equivalent to a WO Bachelor diploma.
- Open the informing filter in Osiris. See https://trello.com/c/sAeJkp2J/26-filters . Run the filter AO informeren student toelatingbesluit - niet selectief AO (facultair)
- Go to View>Sort>Extensive, and sort the list by Section/Rubriek> Process> Name of degree program
- Sort EU and non-EU and then by faculty
- Divide the tasks with your colleagues
- Download and open the excel informing template
- Open an application from the list by clicking on the round black circle
2. Go to Studentgegevens>Personalia
Check the field: Nationaliteit/Nationality and write in the excel if the student is EU or non-EU in the MVV column
UK is considered non-EU
3. Go to
OSIRIS application > Application
OSIRIS aanmelding > Aanmelding
Please check the following information:
a) Checklist: Besluit toelating door Toelatingscommissie should be
b) Checklist Informeren door Admission Office should be
"To inform/Informeren "
4. Copy the admission requirements in the excel, the admission requirements should be filled in under Checklist: Besluit toelating door Toelatingscommissie
See example below
If one of the admission requirements is not provided or not clear (for example by requesting a diploma that the student did not obtain, or by not specifying whether or not there is an English language certificate needed), you can return it to the faculty for clarification. See 10. Informeren student over toelatingsbesluit door Student Admissions for more information on the procedure.
Please note how you annotate the requirements is important because these will be taken over in the admission email.
When the student has applied for different programme, make sure to write the degree programme code before the requirements, for example: Example: NWI-MA-BIO.
Additionally: add an asterisk (*) before every requirement and a dash (-) before every requirement within the requirement (grades within a diploma or specific courses).
Please annotate as:
Name diploma, name of university, graduation year
Bachelor's in Biology, University of Barcelona, 2019
In case the exam board mentions more than one diploma, please add all diplomas mentioned to your requirements in different lines
If the student is yet to graduate we annotate the year as 2022
Check Diploma universiteit behaald? in the Osiris Application (see second image)
If the student has already graduated, please check the diploma in the application documents and write the year of graduation.
For example: 2021.
Add to diploma requirements to excel
In some cases the Faculty of Law admits students based on a transcript of records, for more information on how to write the requirements, please see
Look up the Master’s programme the student applied to and copy the requirements of the corresponding Master’s and add to excel
Students can be: exempted based on nationality, exempted based on interview (algemeene vrijgesteld), or based on previous education. Write in your excel the type of exemption.
If the student is yet to graduate, please annotate in your excel:
Exempted based on previous education if diploma is obtained
This means the certificate has been accepted but we need to verify and download the certificate. See the internal notes for information if the certificate has been verified.
Please re-verify the certificate and save the document with the student number and name of the student.
Student Admissions> Admissions Office> Printing Documents> (month + day)
Add to excel
Please see the instructions on how to verify a certificate here https://trello.com/c/jrF1HhtV/8-verifying-english-certificates for instructions
*** This option means English certificate requirements are met and should NOT be entered into
Vrije velden>Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking
This is seldom a filled in option in INK-AO-MA applications. If you see there is a requirement, please check https://trello.com/c/6qLIDfZ5/4-inchrijving-regeling-dutch-language-certificates-and-exemptions
Please note any requirement or exemption mentioned in Nederlands taaleis will be added in SA Opmerking instead of Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking. The reason for this is that CSA sees this as an enrolment requirement (legally) instead of admission requirement. Additionally, OSIRIS has a stop light for this field in Inscrhijvingen in the field of Taaltoets See example below:
Please add any extra requirements to excel if applicable
Please check the internal notes/interne aantekeningen of the application in case there are any other requirements to be taking into account.
Copy the name of the diploma from the excel.
Go to Opleiding> Vooropleiding (NL) Degree programme>prior education (ENG)
1. Edit Extension name: you can paste the name of the diploma (name diploma, university, year)
To add an additional diploma to prior education
Please click the green + sign and use one of the 801 codes: 801-2, 801-3, etc
For Masters in International and European Law accepted based on a transcript in vooropleding you need to add the code: 604 instead a 801.
And select it as eerste vooropleiding. CSA will change the rest when they receive the transcript.
2. Final examination date
If the student has already graduated (dd-mm-yy) should be there and the status of Behaald/Graduationshould be "Yes/Ja".
If the student is yet to graduate, the field should be empty
3. First prior education:
Should be "Yes/Ja" for the diploma from Diploma toelating
If there are multiple diplomas based on which the student is admitted, they all need to be filled in here and the last one (to be) obtained needs to be the 'first prior education'
If a diploma has been verified, you do not need to edit it. See last photo for example
Please note if the diploma has been verified you do not need to add it in vrije velden or the email.
1. Go to Student Information> Additional Information (ENG) Studentgegevens> Vrije velden (NL)
2. Click on Toevoegen vrije velden/Add additional information
Select and add Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking
Select and add Aanvraag MVV if the student is non-EU
*Select and add SA Opmerking if there are Dutch language requirements or if all the requirements have been verified and the admission is unconditional
Copying from the excel to Osiris.
- Add the diploma requirements, any other additional information and required certificates (including English certificates, additional certificates or other).
- If a student is exempted from English based on previous education but still needs to graduate you add the sentence of exemption in this field too as:
'Exempted for English if diploma is obtained'
A) Already verified certificates should appear as in the above picture. Please note you should have saved the certificate in the folder.
B) Insufficient Score: If the student has an insufficient certificate that has already been verified, please make a note that the certificate has been accepted by the Exam Board + Degree programme as shown below in example 1. Please note you should have saved the certificate in the folder.
C) Exemptions: If the student has been exempted, please add the fields highlighted below in example 2. You can select one of the options in example 3:
NOTE: Exempted based on previous education is only added in Additional Information if the student already graduated
Deadlines for EU/EEA students are:
- 15 January February start
- 15 August September start
For a complete list of EU/EEA countries, please see https://trello.com/c/jnQii1EG/176-eu-eea-countries-list
NON-EU/EEA MVV field
Non-EU students need to have an MVV field. This is crucial for the visa procedure and the enrolment deadline. After you have added the field, you need to select one of the four options as shown in the image above
See https://trello.com/c/R8bilHnn/247-mvv-field for an explanation of the different MVV options.
If you have checked all the admission requirements and they have all been verified (please note accepted certificates does not mean verified)
Go to Vrije velden click on Toevoegen vrije velden and add the field Opmerking SA. In this field please write: all requirements have been met/verified
Student Information> Personal Information (ENG)
Studentgegevens> Vrije velden (NL)
1. Check the time difference and use the phone in this field to call the student. If the phone is not in this field you can find the phone here:
Student Information> Address
2. Open the calling instructions and call the student https://trello.com/c/pLY9a6xg/6-callinginstructions
3. Go to
OSIRIS application > Application
OSIRIS aanmelding > Aanmelding
Scroll down to Checklist: Informeren student door Admission Office and register the call here.
- Write in Eerste belpoging date and time of the call
- In Eerste belpoging geslaagd select Yes/Ja
- If there are any comments from the student as request to call on a later time or that they can be call on specific times/months for the calling campaign, write these comments on Opmerkingen bellen student. Please write the comments in English
- During the call, do not forget to ask about the calling campaign Deelname belcampagne gewenst? and select the preference of the student
- Save the changes on the top right side Save button
- Write in Eerste belpoging date and time of the call
- In Eerste belpoging geslaagd select No/Nee
- In Deelname belcampagne gewenst? select Onbekend
- Save the changes on the top right side Save button
To keep the four eyes principle, you cannot email a student if you have added the requirements. Therefore, please first check that you have not filled in vrije velden (additional information) for the student you are emailing. To do this, right click in the Admission requirements field in Osiris and click on Toon audit informatie van het vrije veld, you will then be able to see who has filled in the requirements.
Please also make sure to use the Excel informing template: https://trello.com/c/IYLT5X5v/1-instructions-admissions
If a all the requirements have been verified, you should see the below remark in vrije velde. Please double check all the requirements have been verified again.
b)Dutch language requirements
In SA Opmerking you will may see as well the Dutch language requirements. These need to be added in the email too + any requirement in Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking. For example
- Study the dossier: check nationality, requirements (filled in by Exam Board) and programme name, etc
Double check the requirements fill in previously by your colleagues, these include:
Language requirements and/or verified certificates
- Check saved English certificates in the following wrkgroup folder: wrkgrp\RAOAdmissionsServices\1. Admissions Office\Printing documents\English certificates working from home
- This is to ensure the English certificate has been previously saved by your colleague –if a certificate has not been saved, please verify and save the certificate
- Internal notes
- February start? Make a note of this in your excel.
- MVV field (if applicable, for non-EU/EEA)
- Check prior education (vooropleiding). Has it been correctly edited/verified?
- EU: 15 January for February start & 15 August for September start
- Non-EU: 1 December for February start & 1 of June for September start – however there is one exception for when the MVV is Groen licht diploma niet behaald. See explanation below.
Double check that the requirements are correctly noted in vrije velden in Voorwaarden Toelatingsbeschikking and in SA Opmerking if applicable
Check and gather all the information as expressed above. Once this is done and you have prepared all the information in your Excel sheet, you are ready to email the student!
To email the student, click on the top right envelope icon.
Now, select the AO-MA-ADMISSION - ADMISSION template from the list of templates. If you have used it once, it will appear at the top as recently used template. If you are using the template for the first time, you will have to scroll down the list below E-MAIL until you find the correct template.
Once you have selected the correct template, click on Volgende/Next, which will open the email so that you can edit the template according to the instructions in the next section
There are several parts in the template that have to be edited. While doing so, please also consult the information that you noted in your Excel. The parts that have to be edited are:
1. Date: Add the date on which you are sending the email in the following format: dd/mm/year, so for example 25 December 2021
2. Edit the <opleidingnaam>: Add master's name and the specialisation when applicable.
Economics, specialisation Corporate Finance and Control
3. Study programme name: write the programme name without the specialisation. Check the website of the specific programme when in doubt. Examples:
- Master Economics
- Master Philosophy
- Master International and European Law
4. Programme start date: leave either February or September
5. Academic year:
For February start is still 2021-2022
For September start is 2022-2023
6. Number of ECTS: please add the number of EC mentioned on the website of the programme
7.Where it indicates “Enrolment deadline” leave the correct deadline
See https://trello.com/c/XGa3EDsb/24-enrolment-deadlines for an overview of enrolment deadlines. When in doubt, ask a colleague or coordinator for help. This part is crucial and especially important for MVV applicants to make sure that their residence permit process will not have any issues or delays due to the wrong deadline being listed.
1. Annotate the requirements that are written in Vrije Velden/Additional requirements, which you have also noted in your Excel file.
2. There are some additional notes under the admissions requirements: you can remove these if they are not applicable. If one of them is applicable, please leave the text.
3. Add the same deadline of enrolment as you did in part 1.
4. Remove the information for pre-Master's - this template is used to inform PM applicants too.
5.The only thing you need to edit from the last part of the email is the information about the introduction week either February or September depending on the start date of the programme
You do not need to delete the Visa information because the paragraph above already says "if applicable"
1. After you have checked the email, all the data and spelling/syntax, you can send the email by clicking on Versturen/Send.
Did you make a mistake while sending an admission decision (for example, you named the wrong start date, or you forgot something)? Check the instructions here for information on what to do:
2. Copy the Opleiding code of the programme you just sent an email for. You can find the Opleiding code in the application line next to the start and end date.
3. On the left-hand side menu go to Degree programme > Admission decision or Opleiding > Toelatingsbeschikkingen
4. Click on the top green button with a + symbol (see photo below). A line for the admission decision will appear
5. Paste the Opeliding code. Please note that Osiris is spaces sensitive, so there should not be any spaces before or after the code. Press the Tab on your keyboard.
7. Click ‘OK’
8. In the drop down menu Approved? or Akkoord? select:
- “Conditionally” or “Voorwaardelijk” if the student is conditionally admitted and still has to meet requirements, such as sending their diploma
- "Yes" or "Ja" if the student is unconditionally admitted (meaning that they have met all the admission requirements already)
9. Fill in the box below as follows/copy paste the following information:
- Verstrekt door faculteit: the first letters form the Degree programme or Opleiding, for example: NWI (press Tab on your keyboard)
- Verstrekt door onderdeel: RU (press Tab on your keyboard)
- Afgiftedatum: write t and press the Tab button of your keyboard or write the date of the email you sent in European format, for 1 March 2022 you write: 01-03-2022 (day-month-year)
- Start date degree programme/Aanvangsdatum opleiding: write 01-02-2022 OR 01-09-2022
- Enrolment possible from/Inschrijvingen mogelijk vanaf: leave empty (it will be automatically fill in if the admission is unconditional)
- Valid till/Geldig tot: 31-08-2023
- Herkomst student: BUIT
8. Click on Save.
9. Go to OSIRIS Application > Application or OSIRIS Aanmelding > Aanmelding
10. Go to the application line and under “Decision” or “Besluit” and select:
- “Conditionally Admitted/Voorwaardelijk Toegelaten” if the student is conditionally admitted and still has to meet requirements, such as sending their diploma
- "Admitted" or "Toegelaten" if the student is unconditionally admitted (meaning that they have met all the admission requirements already)
11. Scroll down to Checklist: Informeren student door Admission Office and in “Status” select “Email sent” or “Email verstuurd”
12. Save the changes
After you have sent the email and added the admission decision, there are a few more steps to take to ensure all settings are correct. One of those steps is to edit the menu inschrijving/enrolment. To do so, in the left side menu go to
Inschrijvingen Croho > Inschrijving
Enrolment Croho > Enrolment
1. In the field “toelatinggevende vooropleiding” search with the magnifying glass and select the diploma based on which the student has been admitted, and save the changes.
After you have sent the email and added the admission decision, there are a few more steps to take to ensure all settings are correct. One of those steps is to check the menu instellingstatussen/workflows. To do so, go in the left hand menu to:
Inschrijvingen Croho > Instellingstatussen
Enrolment Croho > Workflows
Check that the status has changed automatically. If it does not change you forgot to add the admission decision or you need to wait one minute and refresh the page.
The status of the workflows to:
- VOORWAARDELIJK if the admission is conditional
- SUFFICIENT if the admission is unconditional
If the admission decision has the 'Gewijzigde voorwaarden' field filled in, please consult these instructions.