You can register for a course yourself in OSIRIS. In some cases, the student administration of your study programme will register you for courses.
- There may be conditions attached to registering, such as entry requirements, pre-registration or waiting lists. This is usually indicated in the course description.
- Registration for courses takes place in a specific period. This period may differ per faculty, programme or type of course. The registration period is mentioned with each course.
- It is also possible to filter courses that are open for registration.
- Exchange students can no longer register for courses themselves. Course registration will be done for them on the basis of their learning agreement. Any questions this may raise should be addressed to their faculty contact person.
Go to: > Register
Select the menu with the top left button, and go to "Register".
Choose what you want to register for
Not all students get the same options when Registering.
For example, pre-master's students will only find the courses of their programme behind the Course button. Contract students cannot register themselves at all.
You can choose from the following options:
- Course - register for courses
- Test - register for tests
- Minor - register for minors
- Specialisation - register for specialisations
You will now see a page where you can search for courses. Not all courses are open for registration. Courses with a red dot and an arrow in front of them are open. On this page you will see the following.
- A search bar where you can search (part of) the course code or the title of the course.
- The number of courses found that match the filters used.
- The filters used.
- A button to add or modify filters.
- A short description of the course, with the faculty and the number of credits
- An information icon allowing you to find the description of the content, objectives, starting blocks, entry requirements, etc.
Clicking on the course for which you want to register will take you to the following screen
Select the instructional modes you wish to attend, and click the red arrow button on the lower right of the page to continue.
In some cases, you will also have to choose the groupnumber of the instructional mode. If you are entitled to the use of facilities, you will be prompted to select these also.
Now confirm the registration by clicking the 'CONFIRM REGISTRATION' button.
At the bottom of the page you will receive a message that you have enroled successfully. You will also receive an automatically generated e-mail confirmation in your Radboud University mail account.
Questions about course enrolment can be addressed to the Student Information Point (StIP) of the faculty that offers the course. A list of Student Information Points can be found here.